Thursday, December 17, 2015

After the Hype: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Hi all,

After the Hype is a new series that I'm wanting to do. Here I would review books that have gotten a lot of hype, but after some or all of that hype has died down.The first book I've chosen for this series is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.


This one is going to be short, and to the point. Disclaimer: I did not finishing this book, but I made it a little over halfway. I feel like that's enough to have an opinion. I just did not like this book at all. The story felt forced around the pictures. Not natural at all. There was nothing exciting about the book, nothing that drew me in and I got past the halfway point. I didn't sympathize with the main character, Jacob. There was no emotional connection to any of the characters. The pacing is slow and tedious. I did enjoy the very beginning of the book, where Jacob is describing the job that he hates and his descriptions of his friend. But it really went down hill after that. I wanted to like this book, but it just isn't for me.

I gave this book 1 out of 5 stars.

If you've read this series, what did you think of it? Let me know in the comments

Until next time,

Jenell

1 comment: