Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Review: Fat Girl Walking by Brittany Gibbons

Hi All!

Long time, no blog. Sorry about that! I've been so busy! Of course there was the holidays, but I was also applying and interviewing for different jobs. I've been successful and will be starting a new job in a little over a week! Hopefully once things settle down a little bit I'll be able to write a little more consistently!

What I have for you today is a review on the book Fat Girl Walking: Sex, Food, Love, and Being Comfortable in Your Skin...Every Inch of It by Brittany Gibbons.



I loved this book. I don't remember how I came across it, but I picked it up at my library. I had never heard of Brittany Gibbons previous to picking up her book. The reason I did was because I struggle with accepting my weight. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I was never plus size growing up, but after having two children, that all changed. The description of the book spoke to me and I thought maybe it might help me on my journey to self acceptance.

Most of this book is about Brittany's struggles throughout her life with her weight. The lack of self-confidence and how others felt the need to make fun of her or tear her down because of it.

The last part of this book is what spoke to me most more than anything else in the book. Everything else was interesting, sometimes funny and sometimes serious, always honest. She definitely doesn't hold anything back.

I identified exactly with the chapter when she talks about her relationship with her husband after she had children. Her book has given me hope and has helped me to start down the road to accepting myself how I am. I know I'm not there and it could take a while before I'm completely comfortable in my own body. Brittany has given me the courage to say to myself that it's okay that I don't look like I did 10 years ago and I can, eventually, feel sexy again.

This book makes so many great points about weight, regardless of whether you are overweight or not. I think that anyone who struggles with accepting how they look needs to read this one!

5 out of 5 stars!!

Until next time,

Jenell

No comments:

Post a Comment