Monday, July 25, 2016

BookTube-A-Thon 2016 Results

Well, Booktube-a-thon 2016 is officially ended. I wish I had had more time to read during the read-a-thon! I didn't finish them all, as I anticipated. I wish I could have, but work! So, I'm here to share with you my results from Booktube-a-thon.


First book completed:


Challenges completed: Challenge 1, Challenge 5, & Challenge 6: Read a book with yellow on the cover, read a book older than you, and read a book-to-movie adaptation.

I wasn't originally going to use this book to complete challenge 5. It sort of happened on accident. I got to talking with a co-worker about this play and she mentioned that Joss Whedon had made this into a movie. I love Joss Whedon! So I had to get this from the library. I also got a version of this made in 1993 that had Keanu Reeves in it! As much as I love Joss Whedon, I didn't love his version of Much Ado About Nothing. I actually really liked the 1993 version much more! I think because it actually took place in the time period that Shakespeare set it in. Whereas, Whedon's version was a modern setting and it was all in black and white. I didn't care for that much.

Second book completed:

 

Challenge completed: Challenge 4, read a book by your favorite author.

I managed to make it through this almost 500 page book in about 3 days. Yes, it is for younger readers and is easier to read, but it was so good! I probably would have been able to finish at least one other book before the end of the read-a-thon, but I didn't want to put this one down!

And that is all I managed to finish! I did complete 4 out of the 7 challenges with only 2 books read. I was so very close to finishing Coraline, but I wanted to read Magnus Chase more, so I neglected it. It was worth it. Coraline was kind of a weird book (which I finished today). I also watched the movie adaptation anyway since I already had it from the library. I liked it even less than the book. I gave the book 3 out of 5 stars. I would probably give the movie 2 out of 5 stars. There are elements that are the same, but it is very different from the book.

I also started reading Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, which was supposed to be for challenge 3: read a book you discovered through Booktube. I'm liking it so far, but have turned my attention to trying to finish the books that I had abandoned to read my TBR for Booktube-a-thon. Right now, that includes finishing up The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani.

Tell me, if you participated, how did you do? Let me know in the comments! I would love to hear from you!

Until next time,

Jenell

No comments:

Post a Comment