Monday, September 7, 2015

3rd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon Results



I feel like I slacked off during this readathon! But I didn't really. The only goal I had was to read, read, read! If I count the children's books I read for review, I read 9 in total.The following links will take you to the Book Depository or Amazon, where if you choose to purchase one of these books, you will be supporting my blog! If you do purchase, thank you! If not, that's okay too! (The photos themselves link to the Book Depository as well). Here's what I read:


 
I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. Review is on the blog.


I would give this a 2 out of 5 stars. One particular spot involving a baby really ruined it for me.
Book Depository: Fevre Dream (Graphic Novel)
Amazon: Not available at a decent price


5 out of 5! LOVED this book!


5 out of 5! Cute children's book. Review on the blog.

2 out of 5 stars. I didn't like it. Review on the blog.
Book Depository: Walk on the Wild Side
Amazon: Walk on the Wild Side (Life in the Wild)

 
3 out of 5. I wasn't that impressed with the art. It's so dark and busy, it's hard to enjoy. The story is pretty much the same retelling of this story. The history of the story at the end is so interesting!


4 out of 5 stars. Brief review on Goodreads. Very quick read, but enjoyable.
Book Depository: Friends with Boys
Amazon: Friends with Boys


5 out of 5! I loved this! The art is awesome and I love Doug TenNapel's writing style!

 
5 out of 5! I love this story! This is the 2nd time I've read this one! The art is amazing and I love The Song of Ice and Fire stories!

Whew, that was a lot of scrolling! Pretty easy reading though. If you want to know my thoughts on some of these that I haven't written a review on, follow or friend me on Goodreads. If I didn't write anything, I at least rated them.

Thanks for reading! 

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment