Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September Challenges

Hi all!

September is the month that I decided to set monthly reading goals, or challenges, for myself in order to get me out of my comfort zone of fantasy and YA. I talked about it briefly in one of my videos of YouTube, so if you watched, you will already know what I'm referring to. I said I was going to make a video, but I think, at least for this month, that I'm just going to post them here. The following are my goals for September:

1. Read a book by an author that is from or lives in Boise, ID

2. Read a non-fiction book

3. Reread a book



For challenge number one, I picked All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I don't think Anthony is originally from Boise, but he does currently live here. A bonus to choosing this book is that it isn't something that I normally would have picked up. The guy at the library who helped me check out this book said that he really liked it, but that it can be depressing sometimes. So we'll see how that goes! I'm excited to read it!


Neither Here nor There by Bill Bryson is the non-fiction book of choice for September's challenge. I've read one or two other books by Bill Bryson several years ago. I read A Walk in the Woods and really enjoyed it. I love his writing style! 


Lastly,The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett is the reread that I'm choosing. I don't often reread books, just because there are so many out there that I want to read, I have a hard time justifying returning to one I've already read. I have reread books, but it just doesn't happen often. I read The Color of Magic several years ago and I remember liking it, but don't remember much about what actually happened in it. I'm looking forward to rediscovering this one!

I've actually already started reading The Color of Magic and All the Light We Cannot See, but am not very far into either one of them. Do any of you set goals like this for yourself? I know I've seen Booktubers doing it, but I decided to do this before I saw any videos like that...here I was thinking I had a great, possibly original idea! Ha! But that's okay. What's important to me is to branch out and explore new things.

What books are you looking forward to this month? Let me know!! I love hearing from you!

Until next time,

Jenell

I'm a Book Depository affiliate. Any purchases made through my link helps to support my channel! http://www.bookdepository.com/?a_aid=Jen_Imriela

No comments:

Post a Comment