Sunday, February 21, 2016

Review: The Girl With Ghost Eyes by M.H. Boroson

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconsistent posting. I got a new job at the end of last month and so I've been busy learning and haven't had enough energy to read much, let alone anything else! :)

Recently, though, I read The Girl With Ghost Eyes by M.H. Boroson.


I ended up really enjoying this book. However, in the beginning I had a really hard time with it. I was very close to DNFing it actually. You're just thrown right into the action right in the beginning, and as someone who is not very familiar with Chinese folklore, was a little overwhelming. The author also has a tendency to repeat some stuff. For example, there'd be a description of something, a few sentences, and then the description would repeat itself. Not always in the same exact wording. It's just a writing quirk that bugs me.

However, once things started flowing better for me, I was able to get into the story. It was very interesting to get a bit of insight to Chinese folklore. It actually has peaked my interest and I want to learn more. 
It is a good story, filled with Chinese folklore and religion. I think those who were disappointed by Soundless may want to look into this one. An overall 3.5 stars.

Until next time,

Jenell


No comments:

Post a Comment