Monday, August 3, 2015

YouTube & Booktube-a-thon

Hi all!

Just a quick update. In addition to this blog, I've also started a YouTube channel for vlogging. I plan on there being some overlap between the blog and YouTube, but I'm hoping you all will join me on both! I just posted an intro video for my channel, which you can find here: YouTube Channel!

Also, I found out from a friend about this thing called Booktube-a-thon. Basically, once a year, Booktube-a-thon sets out a series of challenges that involve reading and you have one week to complete them all. This year, the challenges are:

  1. Read a book with blue on the cover
  2. Read a book by an author that shares the same first letter of your last name
  3. Read someone else's favorite book
  4. Read the last book that you acquired
  5. Finish a book without putting it down
  6. Read a book you really want to read
  7. Read 7 books
The first day of this challenge is today! It started at midnight in each time zone and will end by midnight of August 9th. I've picked most of my books, but still have a couple to choose. You can combine the challenges into one book, which I've done that, but I'm still picking 3 more to complete a total of 7 books. The books I've chosen are:
  • Armada by Ernest Cline (has blue on the cover and is a book I really want to read)
  • Ambergate by Patricia Elliot (author shares the same first letter of my last name)
  • Endymion Spring by Matthew Skelton (the last book I acquired)
  • Ten Apples Up on Top! by Dr. Seuss (finish a book without putting it down)
  • Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman (someone else's favorite book)
That's only 5 books so far. In order for me to complete the last challenge, I'll need to pick out 2 more. However, I chose the Dr. Seuss book because I have 2 small children and there is no way that I'm reading anything longer than that without putting it down! So, I plan on trying to shoot for 1 more book, making my total 8, to make up for that. You are allowed to read graphic novels for this challenge, so I may pick some up from the library. Those will be announced once I decided what they are! 

I plan on also making videos to go along with this challenge. So if you are interested, please subscribe to my YouTube channel and keep track on me on Twitter as well! 

I promise I will write a proper entry soon! Just wanted to update quickly!

I will see you all later!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment